I’ve read all of these fics except for the last one (which I haven’t yet read but which came highly recommended by others) and they were all thoroughly enjoyable worthwhile reads which I am happy to recommend :)
So if you’re looking for Drarry fics involving a sentient magical home, here you go! (with thanks to aibidil llap115 and henrymercury for helping to compile this list ♥ )
Matchmaker, Matchmaker by firethesound | 11,700 words | NC-17
- Sometimes, Harry can’t help but wonder why such strange shit always happens to him. | Harry’s house is showing him glimpses of his future self with Malfoy. When he works up the nerve to ask Malfoy out, it shows glimpses to Malfoy too.
Stately Homes of Wiltshire by waspabi | 57,595 words | NC-17
- Malfoy Manor has mould, dry rot and an infestation of unusually historical poltergeists. Harry Potter is on the case.
The Claiming of Grimmauld Place by currently anonymous | 74,236 words | NC-17
- When Grimmauld Place begins fighting against Harry’s ownership of it, he decides he needs help to train the historic home — but little does he expect that it’ll be Malfoy who’s most suitable for the challenge. However, as Malfoy and Harry get closer, Harry comes to understand that expectations aren’t always the best path by which to guide his heart — and in the process learns just what is needed to make a house a home.
Roll Me, Tumble Me by jazzonia | 3,100 words | NC-17
- Grimmauld Place hasn’t been outright hostile toward Harry in several years, but lately it’s been sort of… nice to him. Harry finds himself waiting for the other shoe to drop, and the other chair to upturn itself, and the other candelabra to pitch itself from atop his bureau. It’s new. It’s weird. And it brings Draco Malfoy, soot-covered and sputtering, to his doorstep.
House Proud by astolat | 23,100 words | R
- His house liked Draco Malfoy more than him.
Coffee, Cakes and Doorknob Snakes by omi_ohmy | 40,900 words | NC-17
- Harry’s house is trying to kill him, and only one person can help him: pity it’s Draco Malfoy.
What We Pretend We Can’t See by gyzym | 131,280 words | R
- Seven years out from the war, Harry learns the hard truth of old history: it’s never quite as far behind you as you thought.
(originally posted to tumblr here: snowgall.tumblr.com/post/168344358160/re