- The author should have published their first Drarry fic before Deathly Hallows came out on July 21, 2007
I needed some cut-off date to start with, and this seemed as reasonable a way to limit the list as any
- Authors should still be currently writing Drarry
What this means for me is that an author will have published at least one new Drarry fic since May 1, 2014 (i.e. approximately in the last year)
- Authors should have written at least five Drarry fics in this time period
I included this restriction because there were a few authors in my database who happened to have written one early Drarry and another one more recently but who usually write for other fandoms or ships. It didn't feel as comparable to the other authors on this list who had been more dependably Drarry/HP focused.
So who did I come up with using these restrictions?
* the original link to mab's early fic "Best Two Out of Three" is locked. But here's a screenshot for anyone who'd like to see the evidence :)
My database is large but not infinite. Any omissions are unintentional - if you know of an author who should be on this list who I didn't include, please let me know ASAP!
Keep in mind:
- You might be wondering where faithwood and who_la_hoop are on this list. So far as I can tell, they published their first Drarry fics after DH came out. If I'm wrong about that, I would love to know it!
- If an author has currently written a fic which is still anonymous for a fest, I can't know that, so I couldn't factor that in. I'm sorry if that means I left anyone off this list. Let me know after reveals, and I'll fix it.
- Co-authorship sometimes messes up my search results (for *reasons*) so if an author co-authored early fics I might not have realized it and may have missed them in my search. Let me know and I'll add them in!
- If an author's early fics aren't dated, then I can't know when they were published and so couldn't include them in my search. Please try to verify dates for me if you think I've missed someone. (Oh hey, another reason dates matter :)