What follows is a list of my picks for the best Drarry fanfiction of 2011
(18 fics, sorted by date published)
Updated May 16, 2015
Note: There are so many lists of favorite Harry/Draco fanfiction, but I wanted to do something a little different. Rather than create a list based on genre or length or era or whatever, I've decided to do a series of "best-of X year" lists. This means the year the work was published not the year I read it.
I'm still trying to catch up to 2014--maybe I'll get there in a few more months!
- Best of 2015
- Best of 2014
- Best of 2013
- Best of 2012
- Best of 2011
- Best of 2010
- Best of 2009
- Best of 2007-8
- Why am I making these lists?
|Title||Author||Rated||Length||Original Post||Pub Date|
|Sex, Lies, and Veritaserum||lettered||NC-17||18,000||dreamwidth||11-Feb-2011|
This entire fic is one long conversation about sex.
|The Weight of Eternity||envy_venis||NC-17||21,000||do_me_veela||1-Mar-2011|
Desperate for survival, Draco takes what he needs from others while avoiding the one he's meant to be with. His newfound compassion will not allow him to trap the one he loves, even if it means his own life is the price paid for Harry's freedom of choice.
|Unkissed Kisses and Songs Never Sung||femmequixotic||R||13,000||hd-remix||5-Mar-2011|
I sit silently in the shadows, staring at the tiny, pulsing ball of light that tells me my Harry's still alive. Remix of khasael's Promises and Sounds, Lines, and Meaning.
|Fast Forward, Two Steps Back||emmagrant01||NC-17||36,000||dracotops-harry||16-Mar-2011|
Everyone knows that Draco Malfoy died in the Room of Requirement ten years ago. So when he suddenly reappears at Hogwarts ten years later, still seventeen years old, Professor Harry Potter's life gets very complicated.
|You Can Have My Everything||white_serpent||NC-17||8,000||dracotops-harry||20-Mar-2011|
Sometimes it takes a little pain to break through the apathy.
|raindrops on roses and whiskers on kneazles||curiouslyfic||R||1,750||livejournal||22-Apr-2011|
Harry sort of comes back the world to the sound of sniffling, which strikes him as odd.
|The Silent World Within You||femmequixotic and noeon||NC-17||96,000||harrydracompreg||25-Jun-2011|
Harry only wanted Malfoy for one night, one birthday. It wasn't meant to be anything more.
|And I've Never Told You Till Just Now||pasdexcuses||NC-17||9,000||serpentinelion||1-Jul-2011|
Draco didn't notice it suddenly, his desire for Potter. He didn't wake up one day with the need to have his tongue down Potter's throat or go in the shower to find that he liked wanking to Potter's mouth. No, it started slow in his veins, pulsing through his body like a ghost. It crept into his sleep in the form of conversations and during the day as he looked forward to reading Potter's wobbly handwriting when they weren't actually talking face to face.
|IDK My BFF Hermione?||lettered||NC-17||19,000||serpentinelion||24-Jul-2011|
Draco's a hot mess. Harry's lovin' it (hell yes).
|Then Comes a Mist and a Weeping Rain||faithwood||NC-17||21,000||serpentinelion||1-Aug-2011|
|Anyone for Scrabble?||fr333bird||NC-17||2,500||livejournal||3-Aug-2011|
Draco and Harry enjoy a heated game of Scrabble. Inspired by the interview with Tom Felton on Lopez Tonight where he mentioned staying up late playing Scrabble with Dan and it got "very heated". Flail.
MLE officer Draco Malfoy just spent a month working with Auror Harry Potter to catch a criminal. Now that the case is closed, Potter keeps following him about, for some reason.
|Make it Good||fr333bird||NC-17||9,400||hp-sexstars||22-Nov-2011|
Harry and Draco are Auror partners who have to go undercover as rent-boys at a brothel. Contains pining, first times, love, drama and Draco in skinny jeans - and explicit adult content of course.
|Humbug (A Christmas Tale)||snegurochka_lee||NC-17||30,000||hd-holidays||1-Dec-2011|
Draco has been taking his casual relationship with Harry for granted. Visits from four key ghosts the night before Christmas just might shake up his priorities in life.
|Come Now, and Let Me Dream it Truth||insuladraconis||NC-17||13,000||hd-holidays||4-Dec-2011|
Something strange is going on with the Fountain of Magical Brethren, and Auror Harry is put in charge of finding out what.
|At Your Service||faithwood||NC-17||99,000||hd-holidays||17-Dec-2011|
Hogwarts students are in danger; Harry is determined to save them all. There's only one thing he knows for certain: Draco Malfoy is somehow involved. An eighth year fic.
|The Boy Who Only Lived Twice||lettered||NC-17||56,000||hd-holidays||23-Dec-2011|
Harry Potter is an Unspeakable. Draco Malfoy is the wizard who shagged him. Adventure! Intrigue! Secret identities, celebrities, spies! It's all right here, folks.
- The "original post" column provides links to the first place I can find evidence of the work online. However, it can be really tough to determine when and where a work was first published (see my rant here: Dates Matter). So it could be that a fic was actually published earlier somewhere else and I didn't know it. Corrections are welcome.
- I've read a lot of HD fiction, but I certainly haven't read it all, so if I've left off something you think I shouldn't have, I'm happy for you to let me know.
- I may continue to add works to this list but I will try to keep the total number to 25 or less. (On the challenge of maintaining lists)
- My goal is to add lists for other years as well, time permitting.
How my fic preferences will skew the lists:
- I tend to like fics which contain explicit sex, so the list will probably skew that way. However, I prefer that there be an actual plot, not just sex, and I read PG rated fics too--just fewer of them.
- I like almost all the standard tropes, but I don't usually go for non-magical AUs, unhappy endings, dark!fic, or threesomes
- I don't give a toss who's on top or bottom, so you'll find both here.
- I shy away from epic-length fanfiction unless I'm very confident in the author, so most of my recs will be less than 100,000 words.