What follows is a list of my picks for the best Drarry fanfiction of 2009
(13 fics, sorted by date published)
Updated Aug 16, 2015
Note: There are so many lists of favorite Harry/Draco fanfiction, but I wanted to do something a little different. Rather than create a list based on genre or length or era or whatever, I've decided to do a series of "best-of X year" lists. This means the year the work was published not the year I read it.
- Best of 2015
- Best of 2014
- Best of 2013
- Best of 2012
- Best of 2011
- Best of 2010
- Best of 2009
- Best of 2007-8
- Why am I making these lists?
|Title||Author||Rated||Length||Original Post||Pub Date|
|One Harry Potter, Please
(If Possible, Seduced and Ready)
All Draco wants is Harry Potter's friendship, just to make his new Auror job more bearable. However, after Harry stubbornly pays more attention to his secret admirer, Draco is forced to resort to drastic measures.
Harry finds a stone that can show him how his life would have played out if only he'd done things a little differently, and it reveals something he'd never considered before. Is it too late to fulfill an abandoned destiny?
|An Inconvenient View||curiouslyfic||R||6,000||hds-beltane||5/11/2009|
There is, by Merlin, some Slytherin future that's not all raging fires and death. She knows because she's seen the porn.
Asteria Greengrass has a love potion and Draco is her target, but the outcome is unexpected--well, to some people, anyway. ;-)
Harry makes a stupid wager against Malfoy and ends up paying the price.
When Draco thinks he can sink no lower, Harry Potter proves him wrong.
Harry worries that there's something very, very wrong with him because he just can't stop staring at Draco Malfoy's arse.
|Light as Iron, Singed as Pearl||snegurochka_lee||NC-17||14,000||hd-career-fair||10/8/2009|
The owner of the elite BDSM club M. had not gained his reputation as the most coveted Dominant on the scene by taking on just any riff-raff submissive who asked. It would take an unexpected letter to convince him to accept a new client, but it might turn out to be the biggest mistake he ever made.
|Draco Malfoy and the Amazing Dancing Bear||quill_lumos||NC-17||14,500||bottom-draco||10/16/2009|
Draco is lost and lonely, until, one day he meets a creature who will change his life.
|Sealed with a Kiss||faithwood||NC-17||48,000||livejournal||12/1/2009|
Harry Potter will fall in love with the first person who kisses him. Draco knows what he must do.
|A Funny Thing Happened
On The Train To School...
See title :)
|And I'll Tell You No Lies||annafugazzi||R||23,500||hd-holidays||12/30/2009|
It all started with a stupid interrogation. Or: Don't ask a question if you're not prepared to hear the answer.
|Draco Malfoy, It's Your Lucky Day||faithwood||NC-17||39,000||hd-holidays||12/31/2009|
Even though he's unarmed, injured, lost in the Forbidden Forest, and facing a possible murder charge, Draco Malfoy gets lucky.
- The "original post" column provides links to the first place I can find evidence of the work online. However, it can be really tough to determine when and where a work was first published (see my rant here: Dates Matter). So it could be that a fic was actually published earlier somewhere else and I didn't know it. Corrections are welcome.
- I've read a lot of HD fiction, but I certainly haven't read it all, so if I've left off something you think I shouldn't have, I'm happy for you to let me know.
- I may continue to add works to this list but I will try to keep the total number to 25 or less. (On the challenge of maintaining lists)
- My goal is to add lists for other years as well, time permitting.
How my fic preferences will skew the lists:
- I tend to like fics which contain explicit sex, so the list will probably skew that way. However, I prefer that there be an actual plot, not just sex, and I read PG rated fics too--just fewer of them.
- I like almost all the standard tropes, but I don't usually go for non-magical AUs, unhappy endings, dark!fic, or threesomes
- I don't give a toss who's on top or bottom, so you'll find both here.
- I shy away from epic-length fanfiction unless I'm very confident in the author, so most of my recs will be less than 100,000 words.